EAGLE LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY®
Eagle Life Insurance Company®, its affiliates, and subsidiaries (collectively “Eagle Life”) understand that in visiting this Website, you are concerned about the privacy of information. The following summarizes our online privacy policies with respect to information that we collect through our Website about individuals who use or visit the Website.
Our Privacy Principles/How We Treat Your Information
- We do not sell policyholder information.
- We don’t give any nonpublic or financial information to anyone, except as required or allowed by law.
- Our security practices limit access to employees, independent Representatives, and business contacts with proper authority.
- We use your information for business purposes only.
- If we allow limited access to your private information, it is done to service your contract or to inform you about other products and services we offer. We require that other companies or persons promise to follow our privacy practices before disclosing your information. We require it is used only for the matter requested.
- We may share your information with third parties necessary to effect, administer, or enforce your transaction with us, or as needed to service your policy.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our policyholder information for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect Eagle Life policyholder information.
- We afford our prospective and former policyholders the same protections as existing policyholders with respect to the use of personal information.
Online Information Collection
When you visit the Website, we may collect certain kinds of anonymous and personally identifiable information. The information we collect will vary depending upon the function you select and the information provided. We collect, use and share information we need to conduct our business, to discuss our products and services, and to provide customer service. We may collect and maintain several types of information needed for these purposes, as identified below:
- The information you provide on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, telephone number, and Social Security number;
- Your business with us, such as payment history, allocation history and balance information;
- Information from your insurance agent, such as updated information about your contract;
- In visiting our company website certain data from your computer may be captured. The data we may receive from your computer includes your internet e-mail address, browser version, and statistics on Web traffic and usage patterns. However, this is not an all-inclusive list of data that may be collected from your computer or saved on your computer from our website.
Safeguarding of Personally Identifiable Information
Eagle Life understands the importance of appropriately safeguarding the personally identifiable information we obtain in the course of business operations. In order to ensure the safety of customer information, we continually:
- Maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards
- Review our policies and procedures
- Monitor our computer networks
- Test the strength of our security
- Maintain sound electronic security measures.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection
Eagle Life’s Website is not directed toward children. We do not knowingly collect or post information from children under the age of 13. You can learn more about children’s privacy and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) at the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Data Collected on this Website
We routinely gather information regarding activity on the Website, such as the number of people visiting our site, the pages visited and location. This data is collected on an anonymous basis. It does not contain any personal information regarding our Website Visitors. We gather this quantitative information through logs contained on the servers that support our site. This information is for our internal use only. It is not shared or sold to any third parties.
Through voluntary responses to the Eagle Life Website and e-mail links found on the site, we collect personal information from Visitors. This information is collected only when Visitors provide the information voluntarily.
Cookies may be used to collect and store information. Cookies are used to store information and are a way to remember specific bits of information about previous visits to our website. Cookies do not spy on you or otherwise invade your privacy, and they cannot invade your hard drive or steal information. Cookies allow you to access secured information and conduct secured services. Cookies are designed to achieve a better user experience and we use the information to improve our website.
Eagle Life complies with all Federal regulations related to Do-Not-Call or Do-Not-Email requests. We will not call for the purpose of product sales to those who have placed their number on the National Do-Not-Call list or who have specifically asked to be added to our company-specific Do-Not-Call or Do-Not-Email lists, which are maintained separately from the National Do-Not-Call list. We retain the right to contact any policyholders and Representatives for service-related matters.
Use of Information
Unless prohibited by law, we may use and share information we collect about you with other member companies of Eagle Life or unaffiliated third parties for a variety of purposes. For more information, please review our customer Privacy Notice.
Eagle Life may make changes to our online privacy polices occasionally. We recommend that when you visit our Website, you review our online privacy policies from time to time to learn of any new privacy practices or changes to our policies.
Third Party Websites/Links to Other Sites
The online privacy policies of Eagle Life apply only to our Website. Websites operated by non-Eagle Life related entities may link to and from our Website and may maintain different privacy policies from the one described here. You should read the privacy statements of other Websites you visit for information regarding specific privacy policies.
The information and material contained on this Website is not an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy any product in any jurisdiction. No insurance product is offered or will be sold in any jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation, purchase or sale would be unlawful under the insurance or other laws of such jurisdiction. Not all products are available in all states.
How To Review Our File
You have the right to review a copy of your private information contained in our files to determine if it is correct. If you believe it is incorrect, you may make a statement providing the correct information to the company. To request how to receive access to and find out your information, please:
- Include your name, address and contract number;
- Mail requests to:
Eagle Life Compliance Department
Des Moines, Iowa 50325
Agreement to be Bound
By accessing this site, continuing to access this site, or downloading materials from this site, you agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions, do not use this site or download materials from this site.
Eagle Life Insurance Company®
All Rights Reserved
Last Updated May 11, 2015