Eagle Life Insurance Company® was built on the same solid foundation of People, Service and Future® as our parent company, American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company®, and offers the same core values and business practices that have guided American Equity for more than 20 years.
American-owned and operated in West Des Moines, Iowa, American Equity was founded by David J. Noble in 1995 after retiring for just three days. He spent almost half a century in the insurance industry and was dissatisfied with the direction most companies were headed. He noticed that insurance companies were increasingly losing touch with their customers and offering inadequate service to customers and distributors alike. He formed a company that would focus on two crucial components: great service and sound retirement products that offer income that cannot be outlived.
American Equity at a Glance:
- $51.89 Billion in AssetsSee Footnote 1
- A- (Excellent) Rating from A.M. Best®See Footnote 2
- A- (Strong) Rating from Standard and Poor’s®See Footnote 3
- #3 All-Time in Indexed Annuity SalesSee Footnote 4
- Over 23,000 Active Agents
- 600,000 Active Contract Owners
- 500+ Employees
- American-Owned and Operated
- Committed to giving back, including financial support and volunteer hours for a host of organizations