Fixed Index Annuities
Give clients the protections they need and the opportunity for potential interest growth that they want.
What is a fixed index annuity?
A fixed indexed annuity is a contract between you and Eagle Life where the potential interest earned is linked to an external index. Eagle Life uses two common indices:
The S&P 500® Index contains stocks from 500 various industry leaders and is widely regarded as a leading benchmark for U.S. stock market performance.
The S&P 500® Dividend Aristocrats® Daily Risk Control 5% Index is a non-proprietary volatility control index that consists of the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats Index and a cash (accruing interest at 3 Month LIBOR1) component. The Index is dynamically adjusted between the two components to target a 5% level of volatility. The S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats Index is made up of S&P 500 member companies that have followed a policy of consistently increasing dividends every year for at least 25 consecutive years. This Index is well diversified across all market sectors.
Your fixed index annuity includes:
- Ability to choose how interest is calculated and which index is used
- Systematic withdrawals of interest or amounts to satisfy IRS minimum distributions are available immediatelySee footnote **
- Each annuity contract gives you access to some of your money without a penalty by using Penalty-Free Withdrawals
Eagle Life fixed index annuity benefits:
- Tax-deferred growth -Taxes are not owed on earned interest until a withdrawal is made from the contract
- Lifetime Income Benefit See footnote ***allows you to take a guaranteed lifetime income from your annuity without losing control of your retirement assets
- Additional liquidity may be available if the annuitant is placed in a nursing home or diagnosed with a terminal illness (varies by state, product and issue age)
- Surrender Charges may apply for early withdrawal
Eagle Life offers fixed index annuity products that provide different benefits and terms.
Eagle Advisory 8 See footnote *
Eagle Select® Focus 5 See footnote *
Eagle Select® Focus 7 See footnote *
Eagle Select® 6 See footnote *
Eagle Select® 8 See footnote *
Eagle Select® 10 See footnote *
Lifetime Income Benefit Rider See footnote ***
In a fixed index annuity:
- The values of an index can vary daily and certainly are not predictable.
- Your contract is backed by Eagle Life.2
- You are not purchasing shares of stock, bonds or any indexes.
Lifetime Income Benefit Rider***