Give clients the protections they need and the opportunity for potential interest growth that they want.
What is a fixed index annuity?
A fixed indexed annuity is a contract between you and Eagle Life where the potential interest earned is linked to an external equity index. Eagle Life uses two common indices:
The S&P 500® Index contains stocks from 500 various industry leaders and is widely regarded as a leading benchmark for U.S. stock market performance.
The S&P 500® Dividend Aristocrats® Daily Risk Control 5% Index is a non-proprietary volatility control index that consists of the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats Index and a cash (accruing interest at 3 Month LIBOR1) component. The Index is dynamically adjusted between the two components to target a 5% level of volatility. The S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats Index is made up of S&P 500 members that have followed a policy of consistently increasing dividends every year for at least 25 consecutive years. This Index is well diversified across all market sectors.
Your fixed index annuity includes:
- Ability to choose how interest is calculated and which index is used
- Systematic withdrawals of interest or amounts to satisfy IRS minimum distributions are available immediately**
- Each annuity contract gives you access to some of your money without a penalty by using Penalty-Free Withdrawals
Eagle Life fixed index annuity benefits:
- Tax-deferred growth -Taxes are not owed on earned interest until a withdrawal is made from the contract
- Lifetime Income Benefit*** - The Lifetime Income Benefit Rider allows you to take a guaranteed lifetime income from your annuity without losing control of your retirement assets
- Additional liquidity may be available if the annuitant is placed in a nursing home or diagnosed with a terminal illness (varies by state, product and issue age)
- Surrender Charges may apply for early withdrawal
Eagle Life offers fixed index annuity products that provide different benefits and terms.
Eagle Advisory 8 (ICC15 E-IDXB-8)*
Eagle Select® 6 (ICC15 E-IDXB-6)*
Eagle Select® 8 (ICC15 E-IDXB-8)*
Eagle Select® 10 (ICC15 E-IDXB-10)*
Lifetime Income Benefit Rider***
In a fixed index annuity:
- The values of an index can vary daily and certainly are not predictable.
- Your contract is backed by Eagle Life.2
- You are not purchasing shares of stock, bonds or any indexes.
*Form number and availability may vary by state.
**Benefit not guaranteed and subject to change.
***Not available on all products. Issued under form series ICC14 E-R-LIBR, 14 E-R-LIBR-W and state variations thereof. Availability may vary by state.
1London InterBank Offered Rate (LIBOR)
2Guarantees based on the financial strength and claims paying ability of the issuing company. Eagle Life is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company®
Eagle Life Insurance Company® does not offer legal, investment, or tax advice. Please consult a qualified professional.
Features and benefits may vary by contract form and state. Please review the contract or product disclosure for more information.
The "S&P®" is a product of S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC (“SPDJI”), and has been licensed for use by Eagle Life Insurance Company®. Standard & Poor’s® and S&P® are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC (“S&P”); Dow Jones® is a registered trademark of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC (“Dow Jones”); Standard & Poor’s®, S&P® are trademarks of the SPDJI; and these trademarks have been licensed for use by SPDJI and sublicensed for certain purposes by Eagle Life Insurance Company®. Eagle Life Insurance Company's® fixed indexed annuities are not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by SPDJI, Dow Jones, S&P, their respective affiliates and none of such parties make any representation regarding the advisability of investing in such product(s) nor do they have any liability for any errors, omissions, or interruptions of the S&P.
Lifetime Income Benefit Rider***